Riverside County Divorce Forms

You must complete Riverside County divorce forms to file for divorce and obtain a final judgment. The forms consists of the initial petition, financial disclosures, and final judgment forms requesting the division of community property, spousal support, and child support.

Below is an overview on the different forms that must be prepared to complete a divorce in California. Read on to obtain a general overview of the Riverside County divorce forms you need to complete:

Initial Filing Forms

  1. Petition — Marriage/Domestic Partnership (FL-100). This is the basic form for filing for divorce. In this form you tell the court about you, your spouse and your marriage.
  2. Property Declaration (Form FL-160). This is a supplemental form to list additional community property assets and debts. This form must be completed in a default divorce matter.
  3. Summons (FL-110). After filing for divorce, a person over the age of 18 must serve the petition on your spouse. This form informs your spouse that you have filed for divorce and he/she has 30 days to respond.
  4. Proof of Service of Summons (FL-115). After you serve your spouse, you must file this form with the court to tell the court your spouse has been served.
  5. Riverside County also requires a basic coversheet and residency statement. 
  6. Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) (FL-105). This form is required if you and your spouse have children under the age of 18. It lets the court know the children’s current living arrangement and if there are custody orders.
  7. Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Application Attachment (FL-311). This is an optional form where you can propose a custody and visitation schedule.
  8. Request for Order (FL-300). Use this form if you want child support, spousal support, a temporary child custody order, or have another request for an order while the case is pending.

Financial Disclosure Forms

Each Spouse will need to file a Preliminary Financial Disclosure.  The Preliminary Financial Disclosure can be combined with the Final Disclosure.  The primary difference between the two is that the Final Disclosure includes estimated values of assets.

  1. Declaration of Disclosure (FL-140). This is a cover sheet for the financial disclosure.
  2. Income and Expense Declaration (FL-150). This form informs the court of your financial situation. You must attach your two most recent pay stubs or a profit/loss statement if you are self-employed.
  3. Schedule of Debts and Assets (FL-142) or Property Declaration (FL-160). FL 142 will be completed upon the respondent filling a response to the divorce petition. FL 160 is completed in the event the respondent fails to file a response or the parties request the court to make a property division at trial.
  4. Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (FL-141). This tells the court you exchanged Financial Disclosures as required.

Forms to Finish a Divorce

  1. Default forms: If your spouse failed to file a response, you can petition the court for a default judgment. The court requires Request to Enter Default (FL-165); Declaration for Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation (FL-170); Judgment (FL-180); and Notice of Entry of Judgment (FL-190). You can prepare a marital settlement agreement for both parties to sign or judicial council form attachments to FL 180.
  2. If you have an agreement, you will attach it to the Judgment (FL-180). The court also requires Declaration for Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation (Form FL-170); Notice of Entry of Judgment (FL-190); and a Stipulation and Waiver of Final Declaration of Disclosure (FL-144) if there was no final financial disclosure filed.
  3. If the case needs to go to trial, you will need to request a trial date using a Request for Order (FL-300).

For each option, you will need to additional forms for child support/custody and spousal support.

Contact SD Esquire for more information on how to file for divorce in Riverside County

Avoid Going Into Debt During a California Divorce

SD Esquire Flat Fee Divorce Service

SD Esquire provides flat fee uncontested divorce services. We will prepare the legal documents you need to file for and complete your divorce.  This includes preparing and filling your divorce petition, completing your financial disclsoures, and drafting your marital settlement agreement (MSA). Our uncontested flat fee divorce service starts at $1500 for standard divorce (you are responsible for paying court filling fees).  The fee also includes service of process fees. You can make installment payments as your case progresses. It costs $500 to start your matter. Sign up today to get started.

Sign Up to Get Free Download

We respect your privacy. We will never spam you.

Related Posts